The Nations 615

Neighborhood Information

End-to-end support for all business needs.

Frequently Asked Questions

What are the guidelines for construction and who do I contact with complaints?

A residential building permit is required to construct a new residential building or an addition, to construct an accessory structure of 100 sq ft or more, to place or replace a mobile home on a property and to move an existing structure.  Construction may not take place from 9pm-7am or on Sundays. To learn more and report a violation please click here.

who do I contact regarding a lost pet or with issues with roaming dogs or cats in the neighborhood?

Lost and found pets can be posted and searched here. For roaming animals, neglected animals or violent animals please contact animal control at 615-862-7928 or here. Metro Nashville's guidelines for outdoor animals include:

  • The tether is not unreasonably heavy in proportion to the weight of the animal, a swivel is located at both ends of the tether and the tether is free of tangles and is not less than 15 feet in length.
  • The collar or harness on the animal to which the swivel is attached is properly fitted and is a collar or harness that is commonly recognized as a pet collar or harness (choke and pinch collars are not permitted).
  • The animal is not outside during a period of extreme weather, including without limitation a heat index of 95° F or above as determined by the National Weather Service, freezing temperatures, thunderstorms, or tornados.
  • The animal has access to water, shelter covered on three sides, and dry ground at all times, and has access to adequate food.
  • The animal is at least six months of age and has a current rabies vaccination.
  • The animal is not sick, injured, or in heat.
  • If there are multiple animals, each animal must be tethered separately.

Who should I contact if i have safety concerns or see something suspicious?

If you see a crime in process please call 911. For any suspected suspicious activity please call the non-emergency police line at 615-862-8600. If you would like to make an anonymous report via Nashville Crime Stoppers please click here.  


I am concerned about the lack of trees in my neighborhood, what can i do to help?

For every 30 feet of road frontage on a new home lot, a tree must be planted if none are present. If a new home has been built and a tree has not been planted per the above guidelines a report can be filed here

where can i go to learn more about developments and construction projects in our neighborhood?

Here are some great links to learn more about building projects in our neighborhood.

Search for building permits by clicking here, see the daily permit reports here, and here is a link to the development tracker.


When are the neighborhood association meetings and how can i get involved?

The Nations Neighborhood Association meets the second Tuesday of each month at 6:30pm at the St. Luke's Community House at 5601 New York Ave, Nashville.

You can find more ways to get involved by clicking here